Friday, August 1, 2008

End of Week Update

This has been a good stitching week. I finished the stitching on "Queen of the Needle" finally. She needs a good pressing and then then beads and charm added. I hope to get that done this weekend. I can hardly wait to get her to the framers and on my wall.

Coq Au Pins.....

I am almost 2/3's done with stitching the "Hen". I love working on this and can't wait to get to the rest of the set. It's taking me a little longer than I thought it would but I am really enjoying the stitching. This picture shows the color of the fabric a little better.


Flat Fold Finish.....


This is the flat fold I did for the class. I decided since it's for my Grandboys I wouldn't add any trim to it. Don't want to make it to sissyish with trim and bows. I think the Lizzie Kate designs make great flat folds and plan on doing some Halloween ones.

I started another of the Just Nan 12 Days of Christmas last night and hope to finish it today but not sure if it will get done. Tracy has another check-up with his primary care doctor and those are the appointments I hate. A 20 minute appointment can mean a hour and a half at the office Grrrrrrrrrrr This is the office that it is impossible to stitch in, very loud and crowded. We will probably do lunch after the appointment and maybe do something fun if it's not too hot.

Stay tuned for a updated picture of "Queen" sometime soon and Until next time....Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Suzann said...

Rene,
LOVE how the hen is turning out. The fabric is really neat.
Your flatfold is just precious. What a perfect design you chose.

Meari said...

The FF turned out great, Rene! It's a cute design. Your WIP looks good. :)

Unknown said...

The flatfold looks really good Rene! Your wip is looking good! BTW, Col is chuffed to bits as you are the first subscriber to his blog! lol

Ruth M. said...

Looking good. Your grandsons should really like the flatfold. Cant wait to see your queen pics!

Ruth m

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Very cute design! Looking forward to seeing Queen - mine's gone to UFO status :o(

Anonymous said...

Hen is looking fabulous. And I love your flat fold.

Ginnie said...

Your flat fold looks great, I'd like to have a go at one of those. Looking forward to seeing your Queen stitching.

Gabi said...

Your second flat fold looks great too and I love how your hen is turning out. Hopefully the doctors appointment will go smooth and well.

Anonymous said...

both projects look great, Rene :)

Nancy M said...

Will look forward to how the *hen* ends up! The flat fold was a great idea for a class, I think you should do one on tuck pillows...... I need to learn how to do one of those and you would be the motivation I need!

Carolyn NC said...

Adorable flatfold - can't wait to see the hen finished and I love the Just Nan ornies.

Nancy M said...

Hmmm, still no word from you on a class on making tuck pillows.....