Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Confessions of a Olympic Junkie

OK....My name is Rene and I can't stop watching the Olympics. Is there a 12 step program for Olympic junkies. I find that I'm taking a nap in the afternoon so I can stay up almost all night watching all the coverage I can find. It's gotten so bad I even found myself watching Men's basketball this morning at 4 am. I never watch basketball....what's wrong with me. I do get a lot of stitching done while watching (listening) to all the coverage. This is my latest finish......

Milady's Needle Quaker Christmas Small
Stitched on 28 count Linen
with Carie's Creations "Bullfrog"
Since I find it more difficult to stitch on projects with lots of color changes during the Olympics I'm going to really diminish my supply of overdyed threads....guess that means more shopping for different colors. I am now working on Coq Au Pins "Hen" and hope I don't run out of thread again before I have the rest of the set done.
Until Next Time......Happy Stitching and Watching the Olympics

13 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Love this one, Rene. I'm with you - I ended up staying up til 4:00 AM myself last night watching the Olympics! OK, didn't have to go into work until later today - good thing. :)

craftypatty2 said...

Nice job Rene, I watched the opening ceremonies and that was it so far... maybe i should be watching LOL

Patty Smith ILCS

Kathryn in NZ said...

you go for Gold Rene!! Glad someone's watching cos I'm not getting the chance to.
So cheer the gymnastics girls on for me please :)
Nice finish btw, and love the pansies. Cheeky question: if I send you more timtams, could I have the pansy chart when you're finished??

too_busy_to_stitch said...

It's lovely! Time scales are more friendly here in the UK this time - though we were all up at 7:30 to watch the diving. At least next time we'll be spot on for times, lol!

Unknown said...

Very nice Rene!

Terry said...

Lovely finish! I've missed so much of the olympics that I'm a little peeved at myself. I forget they are on because I'm chasing the kids and then the next morning I realize I missed another great medal win!

Anonymous said...

And I'm another Olympic addict. Unfortunately I have to go to work or I would be up till all hours. :) As it is I am watching every minute I can. And stitching while I'm watching. I like your Christmas small and am looking forward to your progress on Coq Au Pins.

Vicky L said...

Beautiful stitching! I am an olympic addict too. I watch only until I watch my local weather which is around 1. Thats not bad but I am up by 8 so I can watch the Today show. I love to watch and listen the interviews from the athletes.

Joy said...

Maybe if I watch the olumpics my needle will at least get a bronze! LOL Your ornie looks great, as do the others.

Anonymous said...

the ornament looks very nice, Rene :) congrats! have fun watching the olympics, LOL.

Nancy M said...

Congrats on another nice finish. With us being in the EST zone, things are on way past my bedtime. I have to get up at 6 am, so I have watched some of the things on the internet at my convenience.

Suzann said...

I always loved the Olympics as a child, but I seem to have fallen away from it, but my heart still loves it. I should watch. No, I'm GOING to watch. Thank you for inspiring me. What a neat project - great stitching!

Anonymous said...

I was addicted to the Olympics as well. So much so that I am so messed up on my sleeping schedule...it is almost 5am and I have been up since 2am because I could not sleep. I should be stitching but instead decided to mess around on the internet and watch my soaps that I recorded today.