Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Weatherman was Right

I can't believe it, there is liquid coming out of the sky! The weatherman has been saying we were going to get rain today and for a change the prediction was correct. I woke up very early this morning, sat down at the computer with a cup of coffee and started reading my emails. What is that sound outside, it's not time for the sprinklers to come on. Could there be a leak in the plumbing somewhere? I decided to open the door and see what's going on. It's RAINING!! You may think it's strange to get so excited about rain but when you only get a average of 4 inches in a year it is exciting to see some. We have been in a drought and haven't even got the average rainfall for several years so I'm so excited to see some and have left the door open so I can hear, see and smell it. I'll even get to go for a walk in the rain (one of my favorite things to do) when we go grocery shopping this morning when Tracy gets home from work.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - only 4 inches a year! Nice to have a change like this. Have fun