Saturday, November 22, 2008

Three Finishes and a WIP

Many of you will remember the stitching frenzy I had last year trying to get the 12 Days of Christmas by The Sweetheart Tree done before Christmas and how I finished just before Christmas. Well this year I started Just Nan's 12 Days in January and planned on getting them all done early. You know about the best laid plans of mice and men, now I'm back in a stitching frenzy trying to get these done on time. This week I have finished Days 6, 7 and 8 and Day 9 is started. I'm going to keep working on them until they are all finished. Tracy cut the foam core board for all of them tonight and so there will be no excuse for me not to get them on the tree this year. If you have missed the pictures of the first 5 Days and would like to see them they are in their own album on Webshots (link to my Webshots in sidebar)







WIP......

I started this Snowflake from the Cross Stitch Card Shop at the beginning of the week. It's stitched on 32 count Dark Blue Jobelan (or is it Lugana?) with Kreinik #4 Braid in Silver. Not sure what I'm going to do as a finish for it but thinking a little silver frame would be nice.








That's it for my week. Now the weekend is here and no NASCAR :o( I'll be watching (or listening) to movies on Saturday and watching Football on Sunday while stitching away on the remaining 12 Days.
Until Next Time....Have a Great weekend with lots of stitching

13 comments:

Sadie said...

Good luck Rene. I am sure you will do it. Cheering you on here in cold and windy Scotland!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love those 12 days of Christmas Ornaments...they are so adorable and I know that you will make it to get them all done in time...good job...keep up the good work on those.

I love your other WIP's too...

Take care & Happy Stitching

Karol said...

Great finishes. May lightening fast needles be with you to get the others finished.

craftypatty2 said...

Great job as usual Rene WTG!!!
HUGS
Patty

Unknown said...

I love those LK 12 days of Christmas. Very cute!
Heidi-ILCS

Carolyn NC said...

Adorable finishes! New start looks great, too!

Nancy M said...

I think LK does the best seasonal series!! Congrats on the granddaughter this time. And of course your finishes look great! Check out my blog, you've been tagged again, but this is stitching related.....

Katrien said...

cute finishes. congrats on the granddaughter

Unknown said...

I miss nascar too. Can't wait for the new season and the new driver changes. anyway love your 12 days its gorgeous. The silve snowflake is levely too.

Cindy F. said...

Good luck!! I bet you'll get these done in time:) You have us on the sideline cheering you one!!
Your finished ones are soooo cute!
Your wip is looking great too!

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

Your 12 Days of Christmas is looking greaT!!

Gabi said...

Beautiful finishes. Congrats

Kathy said...

Wonderful finishes Rene. Your needles must be burning. :)