Friday, November 7, 2008

Challenge for Weekend

On Carolyn's blog she has invited others to join her in a finishing weekend and I decided to join in. The only rule was to post before and after pictures for all to see. There are 4 things I really want to get done this weekend and after the past two days go to the doctors with DH Tracy I plan to sit and stitch the weekend away. Here are the projects I plan on finishing ....

First project...
This little snowman is from the UK magazine I got a week ago. I'm stitching him for my partner in the 12 Days exchange and hope to finish it as a Bourse. I found two different fabrics for it so we'll see how it comes out since I've never made one before. Just have the backstitching to do on it now.


Second....



I plan on finishing the stitching on the Red Mitten by JBW. I'm going to make this into a little pillow shaped like a mitten or maybe leave the top open so I can stick a little something in it. This is for my seasonal shelf and the color is the same as what is on the border of the LK Dec Stamp. It stitches up pretty quick so should be able to finish it.

Third.....

Sunday I'll be working on the Just Nan SAL...Amethyst Snowflake. I want to get the rest of the outlining done on it and as long as the froggies stay away this week I should be able to get that much done.
Fourth....
No picture here but I would like to also get a couple of Scissor Fobs done. I found some really pretty beads and can't wait to see how they will look.
That's my plans for the weekend....anyone else joining in.
Until Next time with some finishes....Happy Stitching and have a great weekend

10 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Good luck - I'm sure you will be finishing them all! I did get my signatures done for some round robins, so that's one down. Now to the rest!

Gabi said...

Looking forward to see your results. I was tempted to sign on to that challenge too...but don't have much time this weekend. I can still chear on from the side line can't I?

Unknown said...

Ok, I am behind you one hundred percent. Those designs are fantastic and I can't wait to see the amethyst snowflake completed. You Go Renee.

Sadie said...

I have joined in with this too, but won't be doing quite as much as you! Time for smokin' needles again! LOL

Karol said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Looking forward to the finishes.

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Say, Rene ... where's this Just Nan SAL? I have Amethyst Snowflake and have been looking for an excuse to do it. I don't normally join SALs, but maybe I'll change my mind ...

Meari said...

Good luck, Rene.

Cindy F. said...

You can do it girl! Great pieces!

Donna said...

Hope you got them all done!

Laura-Leigh said...

Wow! That's a lot of finishes, but I know you can do it. Can't wait to see the results.