Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring is Here


You couldn't ask for nicer Spring weather here in the Desert Southwest. It's been in the low to mid 80's every day but I'm afraid Summer will be here too soon. I just had to celebrate this wonderful weather with a Biscornu that reminds me of Spring. The design is a freebie from My Aunt's Attic and is on 28ct Evenweave. The threads are called Sweet Dreams from Carrie's Collection. I'm not much into the really bold colors but do love the softer pastels. I have run out of thread for the bottom but will order them tomorrow and should have them by the weekend so I can finish this next week. I think it will go real well with the Peach Biscornu I did earlier.
I'm going back to my SAL's this week and will be working on "Feathers" tomorrow, "Charmed 12 Days" on Friday and Just Nan's 12 Days ornament on Saturday. In between the SAL's I'm going to be doing the next Sweetheart Tree Biscornu and Fob "Cherry Blossoms" so I'll have a lot to share (or bore you with) again.
Until next time.....Happy Stitching

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just so pretty. I love the patterns from My Aunts Attic. They are great for the overdyed thread.

Margaret said...

Just fab Rene love the colours

Nancy M said...

I have some of these on my "want to stitch list"! I just need to force myself to start them. I have some lovely Carries I want to use too, so I have NO good excuses!This one is gorgeous. I have a hard time telling what pattern people have used, they look so different in b/w

Christine H said...

Love it, great spring colors.

*** said...

Very pretty. Love the colors in the thread. I have some of these patterns too waiting their turn to be stitched.

Mel said...

wow, love the overdyed fabric and the threads. absolutely wonderful. i will have to get over to annie's attic site and get the pattern! :)