Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Backstitching...Love it or Hate it

Rhodes Butterfly Biscornu before backstitching
Rhodes Butterfly Biscornu after backstitching
Back stitching.....some people love it, others hate it. How about you? I am in the love it group and it's a good thing since I also love doing The Sweetheart Tree designs. The pictures are of "Rhodes Butterfly Biscornu" that I started on Monday afternoon. This is one of the two new designs just released. I will also be doing the second one "Cherry Blossoms". In addition to the Biscornu's there are matching scissor fobs and of course they will be done also. I am doing two sets of these, one for a dear friend who can not stitch on the small count fabric and then a set for myself. According to the web site for The Sweetheart Tree there will be more in the Biscornu and Fob series and also other items to match like needlbooks and ???. I am in hopes that they will do needle rolls again to match.
Like many others I'm having a real problem adjusting to the new time. My internal clock is really off now but I do like the longer days. Just have to remember to start dinner before it gets dark, the sun going down was my cue to start dinner.
Until next time......Happy Stitching



7 comments:

Meari said...

It looks great, Rene. I wouldn't say I "love" BS, but I don't mind doing it.

*** said...

Beautiful Rene! I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

Unknown said...

I really don't care for backstitching too much. Hence I don't do very many Sweetheart Tree Designs! Everyonce in a while I do. It really does make the design work though dosen't it.

Unknown said...

I like backstitching because it can really make a piece pop. However, I have no problem leaving it off if I think it doesn't do anything with the piece.
But boy do I get antsy with I am backstitching, as I usually save it for last. I spend the whole time thinking to myself, "Are we done yet!?"

Christine H said...

Gorgeous, I am not real fond of it. But know it is what makes the piece go from plain to beautiful.

Felicity said...

Thankfully, in my little corner of the universe, we don't do daylight saving in winter or summer. I likethe work you have been doing. I can't say that I love The Sweetheart Tree designs, but I do like one or two. I find that after a while, they all look more or less the same.

Nancy M said...

Very pretty design! I like patterns that need the backstitching to give it detail. I never wait until the end to do it though. I always try and backstitch the area I have finished cross stitching. I don't mind doing it, but I don't want ALL of it waiting until the end.