Saturday, August 21, 2010

Short Update

This was a much better week in the hot desert. Got in LOTS of stitching time (and some nice chats with Kelly on YM). I finished stitching the last two LHN Monthly ornaments I had and the two I ordered arrived in the mail.
"The Merry Skater" by LHN
Stitched on 28 count Dove Gray Cashel
with DMC and Mill Hill beads
I changed the color of the fabric used from a natural color to the Dove Gray.
"FaLaLa" by LHN
Stitched on 32 count Linen with
DMC and Crescent Colours
I totally restarted this project instead of doing all the frogging on the previous one I had started. Again I made several changes to suit myself. I used the CC's for the green branches and the girls dresses. I left off the beads, I just didn't like the way they looked and felt they really didn't add to the design. The stitching went much smoother this time and I'm very happy I restarted it.
I am now working on "Peppermint Twist" and then will stitch "Frosty Flakes" which I will probably change some of the colors since I'm not sure I like the ones used.
That's it for this update. Stay tuned for some really exciting family news in the upcoming days.
Until Next Time....Happy Stitching and have a Great Weekend

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both of them Rene..............can't wait to see Peppermint Twist.
Hmm wonder what you news can be? I'm intrigued.
hugs xxxxx

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Both Look Great !!! I have Frosty Flakes all raedy to start stitching myself !!!

Vicky L said...

Your ornaments are beautiful!

Donna said...

Very pretty! And I am a true believer that if you stitch snowflakes in the heat of the summer it will definitely cool you off!

window into our life of love, joy, and adventures! said...

Love them! How fun to stitch cool snow when it is sooooo hot!
Sandi

MaryT said...

Rene love the color change on your fabric. I think it really suits the colors in the stitched piece much better.

Mary Louise

Blu said...

Cute finishes, both!

Katrien said...

Great finishes

Meari said...

Congrats on your finishes! They look great.

Nancy M said...

I really like these ornaments.

htimcj said...

Great stitching as usual!
Heidi-ILCS

Mylene said...

Lovely finishes! Congrats!!

Carolyn NC said...

These are so cute!

Mary-Anne said...

The ornaments are so cute, great job.

Shelley said...

I love the changes you made. The fabbie on "Skater" is very pretty.

Ruth said...

H Rene,

Just love your blog. Glad to se you are feeling better. I love your FA LA LA. I did that one too. I lso have He's A Flake, but need to get all the rest as yet. I simply love these ornies.

Looking foward to seeing more of your work.

Congrads on being a ganny again. Ruthie