Friday, August 13, 2010

A Blob!

Last weekend I felt like a BIG BLOB just sitting in my stitching chair. Didn't matter what I picked up to stitch I just couldn't get into it. On Saturday (Virtual Stitching Day on ILCS) I really wanted to get some work done on Victoria Samplers "Friends in Stitches" that Mel L sent me as a Get Well RAK. All I managed to do was make a working copy of the chart, separate the threads and get them in their baggies with labels, prep the fabric and stitch part of the first band and finish the second band. It is such a special project I didn't want to really mess it up so I put it away.

By Monday I felt more like myself and decided it was time to get some of the LHN ornaments done before more are released and I get further behind with them (the next release is on their website and is the best yet).

The week turned out to be much better than the weekend and I had 2 finishes, yes I did finish 2 more ornaments (at least the stitching on them) and I couldn't be happier with them.

"Gingerbread Tree" by LHN from
JCS 2010 Ornament Preview Issue
Stitched on 32 count Belfast Lt Tan by Silkweavers
with DMC

"Winter Sheep" by LHN
Stitched on 32 count Linen
with DMC and button by Just Another Button Company
I'm still having some health issues that have made me homebound so no trip to the LNS for the next ornaments but thanks to the Internet I should have them sometime next week. What would we do without our online shops?
Better get back to stitching so maybe I'll have another finish before the end of the weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of time for stitching.
Until Next Time....Happy Stitching

17 comments:

angel parker said...

I love your ornaments. so far, I have one finished! Red house in winter. I hope you feel better soon Rene.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Both Ornaments are great !! So Cute ! I know you can't wait to get the next ones to start stitching.

Meari said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I was feeling *blah* last week, too. I think it's the weather. Your finishes turned out really cute. Amen to online shopping!

Sharon said...

What pretty, pretty ornaments! You're finishes are so lovely. I hope you feel better soon. ONS are great, but there's still nothing like "fondling the stash" in person! :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you work on next.

Donna said...

Las Vegas and Waco Texas are having the same unbelievably hot weather, so I too have had the blahs and felt like a blob. Glad you were able to stitch some too! Hope you feel better really soon!

Emily in NC said...

The ornament are great, hope you feel better and can get even more done.

Blu said...

Seems like just about everyone is wallowing in summer blahs.
Still, nice to see you get your mojo back with two really cute finishes!

Unknown said...

Both are really lovely Rene.
I just picked up some stitching after gawd knows how long of not stitching.
This last week I've been confined to bed with a nasty bug.

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely finishes! Hope you're feeling better. :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on beautiful finishes.

Nancy M said...

Nice job on the ornaments, I really need to get some done but I hate picking the ones I want to do!

Debbie said...

Rene, your needle must fly... I'm always amazed at your finishes!!

Hope you are feeling better.

Thank heavens for online shopping!!

MaryT said...

Rene hope you feel better soon, love your stitching, I get those feelings to the blob stuff:)but even though you have had that you're stitching is really great!

Mel said...

They are lovely Rene.

I do hope you're starting to feel better as the week has gone on. But glad you have gotten your supplies online too! if there is something you need picked up specific that you can't get online let me know and I will drop my LNS to see if I can get it and send it to you.
*hugs*

Kathy said...

I am sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Your LHN ornaments are lovely. Congrats on the finishes.

Vikki Gable said...

Love your gingerbread tree. I have that mag and definitely plan on doing that one :)

Shelley said...

I want to stitch this one too. Love the LHN ornies!!!