Friday, May 15, 2009

May Seasonal Shelf Redone

The May shelf is finally looking like what I had pictured in my head. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions on what I could do to make it what I wanted. I move things around a bit, added some Ivy for background and built the fence.

May Seasonal Shelf



Top of Shelf
If you click on the photo you can see the cute buttons I added to the fence. I won these in a give away from Shelley in my ILCS group and they arrived in the mail today and I thought they were a great addition to the fence. You will see more of these adorable buttons on my stitching in the coming months.
Right now I'm stitching like a demon on a new project for a Hardanger Class I'm going to teach for my ILCS group. It's really a very simple design but I think it's going to be a great project for a introduction to Hardanger. I also have made a little more progress on the "grow!" Pincushion and may get it finished this weekend.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are under a Heat Advisory for Sunday since the temps are going over the century mark for this first time this year. It will be about 15 degrees above the normal for this time of year and you know where you will find me. That's right, inside with the A/C on watching NASCAR and stitching to my heart content.
Until Next Time....Have a Great Weekend with lots of good stitching.

13 comments:

Gabi said...

That shelf turned out beautiful Rene. You did a marvelous job...as usual. The fence and the leaves make such a difference and those buttons are too cute. Will chear on your hardanger class from the sideline. It will be a great class and I bet you will create heaps of new fans for hardanger.

JessB said...

Rene, I love your shelf! It looks great! I want to do one myself. Right now I have a patriotic shelf, I will have to post a picture. Thanks for all your comments!

Jess- AF Wife99
ILCS

Donna said...

I love the shelf. I love birdhouses and esp. the birds that go in them!

Sadie said...

Love the shelf Rene, that fence is just perfect and the ivy ties it all together. Very cute buttons and they arrived at just the right time, sounds like it was meant to be!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

your shelf looks wonderful as always. Funny to think of a/c - it's raining and cold here today! Actually, I don't like it TOO hot, so I'm not complaining.

Mel said...

Ohh I love the shelf and the picket fence! :)

Wow, heat advisory... we are under a snow advisory for Monday.

Trecie said...

Just love your little shelf. But they are always a pleasure to see. I know you get a lot of enjoyment out of creating then each month. The new onesie for Maddie is tariffic. She is going to be one of the best dressed girls in her state LOL.I don't want to miss your Hardanger Class

5 Foot Runt said...

I really like what you have done and those buttons go along perfectly. Very nice.

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely - nice new touches!

JessB said...

This would be an imitation of my youngest dd...."You always want me to work on the nativity! I NEVER get to have any fun!"

Your proddings always make me chuckle. Encouragement is always appreciated. :)
Jess- AF Wife99
ILCS

Courtney Short said...

i always love your seasonal shelf.. and that white picket fence is TOO cute!!

Meari said...

Your new shelf looks awesome, Rene! Love the ivy and the fence.

Cindy F. said...

Good job Rene! I love your May shelf! I love all your monthly shelves:)