Thursday, February 26, 2009

Monopoly SAL, WIP, New Start

This hasn't been my best week. I have been a bit under the weather but not really sick. I think maybe I was just tired out since all my body wanted to do was sleep. I took lots of naps and finally am feeling back to my old self.

Monopoly SAL.....

Monopoly Board 2-24
Since I missed working on this last week I decided to spend two days on it this week so I wouldn't fall behind on my goal. I still have two squares from page 1 to finish but wanted to get page 2 started. The outline for the first side is now complete and I'll start on the lettering next week.
LK WIP.....


LK Christmas Flip It 2-22
I just love this section. The gingerbread man and cookies are so cute. I'll start the next section tomorrow, it has a Santa and I'm not sure how his white beard is going to show up. I'm thinking of getting some of the fuzzy stuff to do it but will wait see how he looks.


New Start....
Home Is Where You Hang Your Needlework



Started 2-25

The colors sure didn't come out on the scan. I'm stitching it on "Redwood Forest" by Silkweavers with WDD Bark and Lancaster Red. Much lighter in person. When finished I want to mat it with a Dk Red Mat and a Dk brown frame. I received the chart as part of my Birthday present from Kathy K and have been itching to start it. I did all the left side in one day so it shouldn't take long to finish.


Fun Fabric......


While at WalFart yesterday I decided to look for some St Paddy's Day fabric to finish the things for the Seasonal Shelf. Tracy did it again, before I could even get to the aisle with the fabric he found this and had it pulled out for me. I think he must have been a personal shopper in a previous life. I'm not sure what I'm going to make from it but thinking of either a table runner or placemats.
Today is going to be a busy day. It's NASCAR weekend here in Vegas and today is the parade of the car haulers. They close off the strip for the parade and people will be lined up 4 deep to see the trucks. We will have to be out the door as soon as Tracy gets home from work so we can get a good spot to take pictures. Last year my pics didn't come out very well but at least now I know where not to stand to get good shots. Then we will have a late breakfast or early lunch before going shopping. The temp is forcasted to be in the low 70's so should be a great day to be out and about.
Until Next Time....Happy Stitching





12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stitching Rene and I love the fabric! xxxx

Kathy said...

Oh my, so many things to comment on. Your monopoly is looking good. Love, love, love the LK. Fuzzy stuff would be perfect for Santa's beard. It's a pain to use but I love the effect.
That froggie fabric is soooooo you. How perfect! I hope you bought enough for your place mats, table runner and maybe some curtains, back for pillows. Hmm, how about some chair cushions. LOL
Have fun at the parade.

Nancy M said...

There is no way it's going to take you a year to do the monopoly pattern!! The LK is very cute! And I'm never surprised at any new start for you! Have fun at the parade in the 70's....will be a couple months before we see that still, sigh....

Emily in NC said...

That frog fabric is too cute, and I love that silkweavers color you are using for your new start.

Katrien said...

love the frog fabric! All your stitching looks great.
Katrien - ILCS

Courtney Short said...

your wips look great.. and that froggy fabbie is the cutest! I also like that fabbie that you started that sampler on.. i love that dark color..

Cindy F. said...

Oooh, fabric is too cute!
Great progress on your wips and on your new start!
Have fun at the parade!

Carolyn NC said...

All of your stitching looks fantastic! Love the new start and the fabric!

Terri said...

Wonderful stitching. I love the fabric. Our WalFart doesn't sell fabric anymore

Vicky L said...

The froggy fabric is so cute! I love it. I have to see if my walmart has some. Your stitching is great. The fuzzy stuff for the santa will look awesome. Monopoly is looking great too. Have fun at the parade. I would love to go see it someday, who knows?

Lou's addictions said...

It always amazes me how much stitching you get done, I'm slightly jealous... I am coming down with the cold though so maybe I can sneek in a few days worth around coursework ;o)

Donna said...

Love the stitching and the frog fabric, well, what can I say? It is fun,fun,fun! I am so jealous of you watching the parade. We have NASCAR here in Texas 2 times a year and I have gone in years past, but I am just not up to all of it this year. Will just watch on TV.