Saturday, May 31, 2008

Two Finishes and a New Start

The birthday girls have received their presents and now I can share what I stitched for them.


This is the needle roll I stitched for Deborah M. It is a free design from Dragonfly Stitches. It was designed to be done in two shades of blue but I made a few changes. It is stitched on 28 count Cashel Cinnabar by Silkweavers with a over dyed Mauve by Carries Creations. I used some beads for a little sparkle and added the charms. Deborah collects tea pots and cups so the charms added are 2 tea pots, a tea cup and a tea bag. Two of the charms are on the roll and the other two I attached to the ribbons.



Front

Back
For Kathy Kiely I stitched this free design from Chatelaine Designs. It is done on 32 count Opalescent Raw Linen with DMC and Krienik Metallic with lots of gold beads. I just love the little lady bug button I found for the center. Kathy loves her garden so I thought this design would fit her perfectly.

"Little Pink Houses"
When the fabric and threads arrived this week I just couldn't resist starting this needle roll. I'm doing it on 28 count Mint Green Cashel with Crescent Colours over dyed threads. It's a fairly simple design but I just love the colors and can't wait to get back to it next week.
I'm almost finished with another Biscornu for the exchange on ILCS. I had run out of thread for it but they arrived yesterday and I hope to have it finished tonight or tomorrow. As soon as my partner receives it I'll share a photo here.
Received some more fabrics and threads in the mail the last couple of days so there will be many more starts and hopefully a few more finishes.
Until next time......Happy Stitching



4 comments:

Kathryn in NZ said...

Do you remember Colleen at 2muchXS did the Little Pink Houses - it's such a lovely design.
That pinball thingy looks seriously cool/cute, looking forward to seeing your progress on that
:)

Stitcher said...

Lovely finishes.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love my biscornu. :) It is gorgeous. The colors are perfect. And the little ladybug is precious. Thank you so very much.
Kathy

Meari said...

You're on a roll with all your finishes. That's just great! (Stop making me look bad) ;-)