Monday, May 19, 2008

IT's HOT ! ! !

I've never been a big fan of Summer and I'm sure not ready for it to start so soon. We had a record temp of 108 degrees today and here it is 8:30 pm and it is still 102. NOT FAIR, I want it to stay Spring until Fall. We are under a Excessive Heat Warning for today and tomorrow. I really need to go to WalFart for a new needle threader but probably will wait until 11 pm when the temp will be below 100 (I hope)


Sunday SAL



Band 14 start
I am finally on the last band of "Queen". I just love the stitching with Perle Cotton. I should have this done in 2 or 3 weeks and then will take it to have it framed. I'm thinking of 2 or 3 mats in shades of pink with a really nice frame for it. Will have to see what I can find. I've never used a framer here in Vegas and will probably go to the one by the LNS. The owner of the frame shop is a stitcher so I feel comfortable with them knowing how to handle stitching and they do all the models for the LNS and they are beautiful.
Until next time.....Happy Stitching week

4 comments:

Nancy M said...

It's a lovely piece and the matting with several pinks sounds great! Good luck with the heat, we should be in the lovely 70's this weekend! YAHOO!

Meari said...

Queen looks good, Rene. Temps here are in the 60's. It's been COLD. I'm actually wearing a sweater today!

EvalinaMaria said...

I love you Queen and can't wait to see her all done. I'm sure that we will do "happy dance" much sooner that expected.

Jennifer Blake said...

Queen is looking wonderful. I can't wait to see the mats and frame you pick out.