Saturday, April 12, 2008

Santa Day 4-11

"Christmas Soldiers" Stocking by Just Nan

For Santa Day this week I spent all my time working on this stocking for my DH Tracy. I'm really loving the way it is working up. You can't see the textures and sparkle in it. The trees are done with Caron Impressions which is a wool silk blend that is a dream to stitch with. I love how the Krienik metallic adds the sparkle to the drums and soldiers. I still need to add the beads to the trees but that will be my reward at the end when all the stitching is done.

I'm having my own movie marathon today. Watching John Wayne westerns from our own DVD collection. Guess I'm showing my age since I much perfer older movies to the ones made today. This evening is the NASCAR race so that will be good stitching time.

Until next time.....Happy Stitching


2 comments:

Nancy M said...

Very nice start Rene! I love the Caron Silks as well! Have you tried the Petite Treasure Braids in place of the Kreiniks? If you haven't, I recommend that you give them a try. I think they are much nicer to work with.

Unknown said...

That will be a very nice stocking when it is done.