Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

I can't believe January is almost over and it will soon be time to change my Seasonal Shelf again. I had planned to do some finishing of projects already stitched BUT I really need to get the stitching done for the shelf so this is what I worked on.


I finished stitching the Heart and now have the border 1/2 done. I'm not sure why it takes me so much longer to finish a project stitched 1 over 1 with the overdyed threads but it sure seems like it takes twice as long. I will get this finished in the next couple of days then I'll have to find some fabric for the back. Not sure what color I want to use for that so will take the stitching with me and see what looks best.



"February Stamp" by Lizzie Kate
I started the LK Stamp late Saturday night and stitched on it all day on Sunday. All that is left to do now is fill in the letters and that won't take long to do. I love the colors in this one. Looks like February will be a month of stitching with "Pink". I plan on doing a Valentines day themed Needleroll and Biscornu both on Pink fabric with Pink overdyed threads. It's beginning to look like a commerical for Pepto-Bismol in my stitching area.
This weeks stitching will continue to be things for the shelf and then I will do some finishing of other projects stitched during the month. I think this year I will use the last week of the month doing finishing so it's not all left for the end of the year.
Until Next time.....Have a Great Week with lot of Stitching

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Both are so lovely!

Terri said...

Both are great Rene. I know you will have them all done in no time

Sadie said...

They are both gorgeous Rene. Great idea about the last week of each month being finishing week. stitching over one and using overdyed floss is slower going for me too. I'm sure you will have it done in no time.

Kathy said...

Love the LK piece. Your February shelf is going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see what you have on display next month. :)

WTF Are You Reading said...

Your stitching is so delicate. I love the pinks (Shhhhh, don't tell anyone I'm girlie) LOL! I love the pressies too.

Meari said...

Looks great, Rene

craftypatty2 said...

Both are great congrats.
HUGS
Patty

Vicky L said...

Your stitching looks great.

Nancy M said...

Dang it, you keep reminding me that I have this JBW design and I should get it out! Good for you enabling Kelly to start a LK , it's about time, don't you think?

Carolyn NC said...

I love this JBW - so pretty!