Friday, February 19, 2010

End of Week Update

It's really hard to believe that February is almost over and Spring is just around the corner. Guess it true, the older you get the faster time goes by.

I've been glued to the TV watching every Olympic event televised. Even with all the problems they have had starting with the opening and the weather I think Canada has done a excellent job. I really would love to visit Victoria someday and see in person what I see on TV.

Now on to the stitching update.

The last of my orders for my Birthday finally arrived. With the GC's I received from Deborah M and Kathy K (with added $'s from Tracy) I got "Twelve Days" by Victoria Sampler along with the fabric and Thread Pack. It all came in a nice mesh bag. I will be doing the ornaments this year and maybe the bell pull later. Can't wait to get started on it.
WIP's......

I still don't have a picture of the Mystery WIP to share with you. Being that it's stitched 1 over 1 on 32 count it is very slow going. I'm being very careful stitching this since frogging would be almost impossible. I may need a seeing eye dog before this is finished.



"AQC"
Finally Page 2 is finished. I think I'm going to go back to the left side and finish up with pages 4 & 5 before doing pages 3 & 6. Tracy is really happy with the progress I'm making and loves it so far.

"Home of a Needlworker"
When my eyes get tired out comes "House" for some easy stitching. I just love this one and can't wait to do more of the Little House Needleworks designs.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be planted in front of the TV watching more Olympics and NASCAR.
Until Next Time....Happy Stitching


28 comments:

Marjorie said...

Both your WIP's are looking great--you should be done with that Quaker in no time! And stitching over 1 on 32 count?! Some days I can't stitch over 2 on 32 count...

Kathy said...

Nice stash that you picked out. Can't wait to see these stitched.

Both wips are looking great. Love the LHN one. :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Spring? I'm jealous... I woke up to zero (F) temperature...

I love your twelve days of Christmas, congrats on new stash and progress on your WIPs. All is looking good.

Emily in NC said...

Everything is so nice. Cant' wait to see Mystery WIP, 32 over one you are ambitious, I'm scared to try 25 over one.

Donna said...

Looking good, looking good! I would have already gone blind by now on 32 count over 1.

Debbie Jo said...

Love the progress on AQC and Home of a Needleworker is coming along very nicely. Congrats on 12 Days. I looked really hard at that chart a while back. Like you I have been glued to the TV with the Olympics. They are doing a fabulous job and these nights up past midnight are about to kill me!!

Katrien said...

Great progress on both WIP's.

MaryT said...

Your WIPS are looking great!

Anonymous said...

My goodness you stitch fast! I love how your quaker piece is coming along. BTW Where is Spring? We are freezing in Calif!
Rae

JessB said...

I love your WIPs. House is a fun stitch, and AQC is coming along so nicely.

Cynimin said...

Great stash you bought. I have the "Home of a Needleworker" also and need to begin it. It looks cute!

htimcj said...

Great progress!
Heidi-ILCS

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - awesome stitching. I just love the QC - you're moving so fast on it!

Tracy said...

Looking great, can't wait to see them done!!!

princesssara said...

Great job on your WIP's.... they are going to look great when finished!

Nancy M said...

You are really motating on QC, should be done in no time. I've got a LHN chart going too, so much simpler than fighting with my Chatelaine!

Unknown said...

They are both looking great Rene!

TammyK said...

Great progress on your wip's :o)

Carol said...

Gorgeous projects. Looking forward to seeing the finished results. Enjoy your weekend of sporting and stitching :)

Shelley said...

The second I saw that 12 Days pattern I knew you'd get it, lol! Just didn't know how soon. :)

AQC and House are looking great, as all your stitching does.

I'm getting ready to veg in front of the tv for NASCAR this sunday. Hoping there is no rain delay!

Unknown said...

Great work, you have been busy. I watch the Olympics as well, even though I'm not sporty at all, I guess that's what I would like to do and never will LOL.

Mel said...

Loving quaker! :)

Anonymous said...

Everything's coming along beautifully, and you got some lovely gifts.

Meari said...

Your stitching looks awesome, Rene. Nice birthday giftie, too. :)

Anne Sans Tete said...

lookin' good!!! great progress on AQC!

WTF Are You Reading said...

You have some great stitching going on there. Quite a haul with the pressies too. So good to know that your rotation is working. Looking forward to seeing more stitches.

Felicity said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. You have also inspired me to pick up my Quaker Christmas when I've finished my current project 'Time Out'. Thanks!

Kathryn in NZ said...

teehee - I did say "silent" stitch a long... seeing your LHN progress pics kept my one in the rotation.
So thank you for helping me get it finished!