Carissa asked "....pretty please give us an idea of how you kept the ornie in the saucer...is it glued?" Yes it is glued with Aleene's Tacky Glue.
Meari asked "How big are the clay saucers you're using? Do they make the ornament heavy?" For this project I used a 3" saucer but any size could be used. I am going to look for a smaller one at Michael's since 3" was the smallest JoAnn's had. It is heaver than a normal ornament but shouldn't be too heavy for a Christmas ornament if the branch on the tree is sturdy.
Vicki L said "I love the halloween ornament with the plant saucers. What a wonderful idea. Can you pass the instructions on please?" I will be making more ornaments this way real soon and when I do the next one I'll take step by step pictures and share with anyone who would like to make one or maybe I should just post the instruction here on my blog.
Now on to my latest little finish. I mentioned I had a idea in my head for a project using the clay pot. I am very pleased it did come out almost just as I had it pictured.....
changed fabric from Aida to 28 count white Monaco
The stitching on top opens up so I can use the pot to hold all those wonderful stitching gadgets I can't live without (needles, needle threader, Thread Heaven ect, ect). To make the top I just mounted the finished stitching to a piece of cardboard (used 3 layers of batting to give it the puff and so I can use it as a pin cushion). I then backed it with a circle of green felt and also put a small circle of felt in the bottom to cover the hole. I use a piece of ribbon glued to the inside of the pot and between the felt and cardboard to anchor the top to the pot. I also used another piece of ribbon looped and glued between the felt and cardboard to use to open the top. Finished it off with ribbon and a bow around the top of the pot. You could also put a trim around the stitched piece but with this one I thought the ribbon was enough and didn't want to add any more to it.