Saturday, August 15, 2009

End of Week Update

It was a good week of stitching here! After the finishes pictured later in this post I pulled out LK's BOO Club from the WIP basket and got another section done. I'm going to have to really concentrate on this if I'm going to get it done in time for Halloween.


I had two finishes at the end of the week......

"Emblem of Friendship" by Cherished Stitches
from the 2006 JCS Ornament Issue
Stitched on 28 count Lt Mocha Cashel
with sassy strings "Sangria"
As soon as I find a fabric that matches I'm going to make this into a small pillow type ornament. I really do like the "sassy strings" threads and will be adding more to my stash.



"Snowman" kit by Bucilla
I don't remember when I got this kit but it had to be several years ago since I remember getting it on clearance at WalFart before they discontinued stitching supplies. It came with Aida but I used a 28 count linen instead. I have some fabric that will go perfect with him and will be making a "No Sew" cube. I also have a Santa that was the same type kit that I stitched, not sure when, that I'll also do a cube with. I think they will look really cute together.
This is going to be a Hardanger weekend for me. I did a original design of a Christmas Tree for those in my class who wanted to do more projects. It is now in process of being stitched and I hope to have it done before the end of the weekend. Also want to finish the Pansy Sampler ornament freebie from Victoria Sampler. Just have the needle weaving and beads and it will go into the finished pile.
Until Next time....Have a great stitching weekend.



13 comments:

deborahinwi said...

Love your little spooky piece! The friendship piece is pretty too!

Emily in NC said...

Ornament and snowman are great finishes. Don't know why you think finishing the LK will be tough, it is still August, you have two more months. Good luck with it, looking nice.

Katrien said...

Your finishes look great. Good progress on the LK.

Lou's addictions said...

Cute snowman,can't wait to see him finished into a cube

Unknown said...

All looking really good!

Sandy In Montana said...

What great finishes and progress, Rene. They all look wonderful.

Meari said...

Nice finishes, Rene. You did a good job on all of them!

Carolyn NC said...

Great finishes and stitching. I just love your snowman!

htimcj said...

Great finishes!
Heidi-ILCS

Gabi said...

Your spooky WIP looks lovely. It will be a beauty when finished.
And "Emblem of Firendship" is SO beautiful. Congrats on that one. It will make a great pillow.

Robyn in Oz said...

Wow, you've had a very productive time Rene. Everything looks great!

Mel said...

Great finishes.
And I love that Halloween it's so cute! :)

Nancy M said...

I know you'll have the Halloween one done in time! You won't let me down! LOL