Monday, October 4, 2010

Joy, Joy, Happy, Happy

Just like the old country song "I'm the Happiest Girl in the USA". I received the best medicine anyone could ask for....my baby came home to live again. He decided since he and his sister weren't getting along his place was back here helping his Dad take care of me.

Now for the Happy part ... Tracy went out and got me a new mode of transportation! He got me a type of wheelchair. It's called a transport chair and is similar to a wheelchair. It doesn't have the large back wheels you use to move so it needs someone to push but works well for us. This leads to the next part of the post....

A Date....

We were finally able to get out of the apt for a date! It was wonderful to be out and feel like a human again. Our date started at the LNS where I was a really good girl and only got a really cool magnifier that clips on to my Q-Snaps. With my diabetes getting worse I was having real problems seeing to stitch on both 28 and 32 count fabric, well the new toy sure takes care of the problem and now I have no problems seeing the holes in the 32 count. Tracy just had to enable me with the Mill Hill kits (and I couldn't say no). I got 2 of the new tree kits and hope to start them real soon so he will have them to hang on the tree this year.

From there we headed to the Belliago to see the Fall display. I took lots of pictures and below are just a few of the many (click on pic for a larger view)

As you enter the lobby and look behind the check-in desk you see this as part of the display.

Entrance to the conservatory. The crooked tree was designed by a British man and is a wire base wrapped with willlow branches. There are several of these and no two are alike.

The glass house is the center of the display and is full of many different types and colors of orchids. I could have spent hours in there as I love orchids.

Part of one side of the display

Got to love the purple ones

The other side of the display

These were some of my favorites. I have never seen anything like them
You can't have Fall without a Scarecrow and this is a BIG one

Every year they have the Tree Man who speaks and I look forward to seeing him. This year it's the smaller of the Men but I love him either big or small

and he is protecting his own Pumpkin patch
We then headed to our favorite place to end our "Date", Fremont Street where we decided we wanted to go for dinner. We arrived a little early for dinner so decided to play for a bit. Poor "Lucky Bastard" lost his title to me who is now known as "Lucky Bitch". He lost his gambling allowance while I was the big winner for a change. After a nice steak dinner we headed for home, very tired but feeling so good.
Still don't have a stitchy update to share but with my stitching mojo slowly returning I should have something to share very soon, maybe by the end of the weekend.
Until Next Time....Have a Great weekend with lots of stitching time


12 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Congrats on new mode of transportations. Loved all the pictures. Loved the green house visit! Glad you had a great time. It is always good to get out!

EvalinaMaria said...

Thank you for thaking me on the tour. Good luck with your new wheels and can't wait for a stitchy update!

Nancy M said...

I always enjoy your Bellagio tours. I wish I could see the seasonal changes in there! Glad to hear you in better spirits. My dad just got a transport chair so I know exactly what you are talking about!

Lyn said...

It is great that you have a mode of transportation now, Rene. I am glad that you were able to get out and about. I think of my grandmother when I see orchids. They were her favorite flower. I love flowers too. Looking forward to seeing your next update.

Emily in NC said...

Sounds like a great "date" night and the pictures are just wonderful.

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like such fun. So glad to hear about your son coming back! The pictures are beautiful!

Anne Sans Tete said...

I'm glad that your son is home again. I really miss having my parents near me.

I love the orchids! My dad used to grow them when I was a child, and in Cambodia, they grow everywhere- they're so beautiful!

angel parker said...

I am so glad that you had a great time on your date night and that your son has returned. My daughters live in Ky, over 900 miles away from me, and I sure do miss them.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, it's so good to know that the people you love are close!

What a stunning blog you've got over here!

xoxo

www.awonderingstar.com

Meari said...

Congrats on your new wheels! Glad to hear you were able to get out and enjoy the displays. I know how you enjoy them.

Kathy said...

I'm glad you are felling a bit better. Just take it one day at a time. Work on your exercises and continue to gain strength.

Keeping you in my prayer that you get better every day.

Shelley said...

Happy to hear you've got new wheels, lol!

Awesome that your baby has come home.