Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Finish, A WIP, A Start

Stitching was off and on last week. Some days I got a lot done and others not a stitch....a very strange week for me.

A Finish....

"Women who behave..." by Sue Hillis Designs
Stitched on 28 count "Tea" Linen with DMC
On Wednesday Nancy R and I got together at our LNS for a day of stitching, shopping and chatting. I was a VERY good girl and came home with only 2 new charts...."A Quaker Halloween Sampler" and the latest LHN Ornament of the month. I took "Behave" with me to stitch on and managed to get all but the backstitching done. I finished it up on Friday and now I need to find the perfect frame for it and get it off in the mail to my DD.
I also finished stitching a ornament for a Summer exchange and am in the process of putting it together. Can't share the picture until it arrives at it's new home.
A WIP....

"AQC"
I trying real hard to get back into my "rotation" so I can get this finished before the end of June. Page 4 only has a few more stitches to be finished then on to finish page 3, 5 and 6. I will not start on Quaker Halloween until this is done, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Another Start....

"Needle and Thread" by Little House Needleworks
This project has been calling to me to start for a while now and since I also have the cute little mattress with it's pillow for the finish I decided to go ahead with it. It's going really well and should be finished by the end of next week.
Friday was our usual date night. Since Tracy had his regular check up with the heart doctor it was the perfect time for our date. After a earl dinner we headed for our favorite hang out, Fremont St. Tracy now has a new nick name (excuse the language) but now I call him "Lucky Bastard". He wanted to play the slots and of course I couldn't say No. It didn't matter what machine I picked to play he sat down next to me.....I lost and he won! He would give me the machine he was playing (and won on) and what happens.....I lose. Again he came home with more money in his pocket than he left home with....The Lucky Bastard (I'm lucky too, I have him).
On Saturday I met with Kathy from OC of our ILCS group for lunch. This was the second time we have gotten together (she was here last Fall) and it was like we had just seen each other last week. We had a delightful lunch and a great time chatting.
I'm still getting my stash organized (a never ending task) and have made some progress. Maybe by the end of the year I'll have it all done hehehe.
Until Next Time....Happy Stitching



15 comments:

Unknown said...

Women who behave looks fabulous and really pops on that fabric.
Glad you had a good time out with Nancy.
Love Tracys new name muhaha!

Emily in NC said...

The finish for your daughter is great, and liked hearing about your date with hubby and also lunch with Kathy.

Marjorie said...

You're really making great progress on Quaker Christmas, can't wait to see it finished! I was really tempted to get that LHN chart/pin pillow too.

Debbie Jo said...

Glad you had so much fun out visiting with Kathy and Nancy R. Stitching and lunch sounds like heaven. Just love the finish for your DD. You and Tracy are so lucky to have each other and love his new name. AQC looks wonderful and somehow ended up on my wishlist!

Nici said...

Looks absolutly great this works. I love it so much

Hugs Nici from Germany

Shelley said...

Congrats on the great finish!

You, finish AQC before starting the Halloween one, lol! Don't make me laugh so hard a piddle. J*K*!! You know I kid. We know you too well Rene. I look forward to seeing your start on the Halloween Quaker piece.

You're right, Tracy is definitely one Lucky Bastard...he married you didn't he...lol!

Mel said...

Love the finish!

Sounds like you have been having a good time lately! Glad to hear it.

New start and WIP are looking good too!

Kathy said...

What an adorable finish. I'm sure DD will just love it.

Fabulous progress on Quaker Christmas.

Vicki in CO said...

Nice stitching. Congrats on a finish!

Katrien said...

great finish!
Your WIP's look good

Kate said...

A great finish. AQC is looking very impressive so far.

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome finish and great progress, too!

Anonymous said...

That's a great finish - I love those little handcuffs! The WIP is coming along beautifully, and I love the start, too.

Nancy M said...

Cute finish, I really like the colors in that one. Good luck getting Quaker finished before you start the next one! I'm awful at the slots too, Carl always seems to win and if he does I make him stop before he puts it all back in!

Debbie said...

You've been so busy with your stitching projects! I always enjoy reading your blog.